Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, November 30, 2015

Friends and family,

     I hope that you all had a wonderful thanksgiving!!  My companion and I decided to only go to two of our dinners because we were soooo full after the first one and were trying to save our lives haha but it was so yum!  Theres this salad that a couple people have made here and its like mandarin oranges and cookies and cool whip and some other things and oh man it is so good but anyways not important lol. 
     On thanksgiving in my studies I was thinking about gratitude and how we should not only be thankful for our blessings, but also for our trials.  I found a scripture in 2 Corinthians 4:16 and it says 'For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory'.  If we did not have trials there would be no point in us being here on earth, our trials are there to help us learn and grow and mold us into the person that our Heavenly Father knows we can be- which is just like him.  I was reading in a general conference talk and it said "Now is the time for us to prepare to meet God, not the time for us to receive all of our blessings" We are here on earth to be tested and tried and to prepare, and although we will receive many blessings here on earth as we have faith and live the teachings of Jesus Christ, there are so so many blessings that await us later- an eternal weight of glory.  I am not going to lie- as a missionary it is very tough sometimes, but it is so comforting to know that Heavenly Father is always there helping and as I continue to push through, I may not see the blessings right away but they will come- whether that is tomorrow or in 10 years or after my time on earth. 
     I got to go to a wedding this week and it was so cute and happyyyy :)  The best part was that Jessica (the one getting baptized on Saturday) was most excited about getting married because that would mean shes now eligible to get baptized!! So sweet.  Its wwaayy cold here- so our zone has been coming up with all kinds of things to do that don't require us to be outside.  On thanksgiving we played chair soccer, pacman, fugitive and football- I scored two touchdowns!! (probably only because the elders wanted me to feel good about myself so they let it happen but not important).  I lovee being a missionary and I love all of you! I hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy this fun Christmas season :)

Love,
Sister Paul

1. Chair soccor lol


2. Warm and cozy for fugitive


No comments:

Post a Comment