Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Friends and family-

     Happy thanksgiving!!! Holy wow I have so many things to be thankful for and I have come to that realization more than ever these last couple of weeks.  Let me just start by telling you some of the circumstances of a couple people that we met with this last week.  One of our investigators had to call the police on her son and watch them take him to prison.  One of our less actives in Eureka who is not able to work because she got attacked by a dog found that she wouldn't get any money for disability and that she would be losing her house and possibly her truck so she would pretty much have nothing.  We met a 21 girl who is an only child and has lost her mom and all of her grandparents in the last 2 years, she currently is taking care of her dad who was told in October that he only had 2 weeks to live.. so its pretty much just a waiting game and she never knows what day will be his last.  It breaks my heart and is so humbling to meet and come to know people like this.. I have been SO blessed in my life and have literally no excuse to complain about anything ever.  It is also so comforting to know that even amidst all the trials and hard times there is always a light and hope and that is through our Savior Jesus Christ and this gospel.  No trial is too big or struggle too hard that we cant find peace through Him.
     I am SO grateful for this gospel and the knowledge that it is the way that we can experience eternal happiness.  I am grateful for a wonderful and loving family who have always been so good to me and for the fortunate circumstances I have been brought up in.  I am grateful for all of my friends and the people in my life who have made such a positive impact.  I am grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary at this time and for all the trials that give me the opportunity to learn and grow.  Most importantly- I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and for all that he has done for me.  I know that I should be this grateful all the time but I am grateful for thanksgiving to help me be a little better!  Our ward is so good to us- we have 3 thanksgiving dinners tomorrow... sos.  We get to start out the day with a football game with our zone so im super excited for that and for the planning we get to do! haha well I hope that you all have an amazing thanksgiving and hold on to the grateful spirit even after tomorrow because there is so much to be grateful for :)  Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Paul

1. terrible angle lol but this is my cute new zoneee



2.  my companion took a picture of me and some delicious cinnamon rolls yum enjoy







No comments:

Post a Comment