Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, November 9, 2015

Friends and family,

     I'm staying in Elyyyyy!  Im so happy- Sister Landgrave rocks and there are so many great things in store this transfer!  Our whole district is changing quite a bit so thats kind of sad but I will be the oldest here which is super weird!  This week flew by, yet again.  We are super stoked because Tali Vinsen will be getting baptized this Saturday!!  I started teaching her my first transfer and it has been such a blessing to be able to see her progress and grow to love this gospel so much- it has definitely helped my own testimony to grow!  
     So yesterday I was very humbled and realized that I am not prepared to be a mom and need to learn how to handle bloody situations better.  Sister Landgrave and I were trying to be all healthy and we were making this nice salad..  She was cutting an avocado and ended up slicing her whole finger open!  So with all of my background on first aid and also fainting with blood I had absolutely no idea what to do- we ended up calling the elders (so grateful for them) and they came over and were going to super glue it but it was too deep so we ended up all going to the emergency room and she got 7 stitches!  Not sure why these things keep happening but it definitely keeps things more exciting and is always an adventure! haha
      The regional broadcast that we watched yesterday was sooo good!  It's amazing to see how inspired the speakers are because it was exactly what I needed.  I feel like 'simplify' is something that has been mentioned a ton lately- and it has definitely helped me to know how to be a better teacher.  This gospel is so perfect and really is so simple.  As human beings we often get so caught up in looking for the bad or trying to find wrong in things that we don't realize how great what we already know and have is!  I am definitely going to work on living more simply and not questioning so often.  The truth is the truth and anyone can know that by the Holy Ghost and a real desire.
      So for anyone who might not know, it is my mamas birthday this week!  I just wanted to take the time to publicly express how grateful I am for such loving parents who have been such a good example and anchor for me.  I have always loved the story of the stripling warriors- before because I always wanted my husband to be like one lol but now because I realize that the reason they were so strong was because of their moms.  "Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; nd they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.  And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it." Alma 56:47-48.  This is one of my favorite scriptures to share with moms- and it never fails to make me think of how wonderful of a mother I was blessed with. :)  
      I hope you all have an amazing week!  Look for the good and put away the bad and Heavenly Father will shower you with blessings :)  

Love,

Sister Paul


No comments:

Post a Comment