Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, November 16, 2015

Friends and family,

     Best week eveerrr!  We were able to get through it with no injuries (besides a couple of slips on ice) and Tali got baptized!  It was so special and the spirit was so strong.  Tali is an elementary school teacher and so we asked some of the parents of her past students to put together a musical number for inbetween the talks.  She has no idea it was going to happen and about 15 lds kids got up and sang 'When I am Baptized', oh my goodness... It was the most precious thing and she cried so much and I cried so much and then of course I was the next speaker hahah.  It was perfect though because I was speaking on the Holy Ghost and so I was able to share how the good feelings that everyone had when those children sang was the Holy Ghost touching their hearts.  It was the best experience and Tali was so happy and grateful after she was baptized and completely clean.  
     Another sweet miracle happened yesterday- there was this guy that we street contacted at the beginning of the week that we left with a Plan of Salvation pamphlet.  We didn't think too much of it but we ended up stopping by his house later in the week to invite him to church and he came!! We're just like sitting their in sacrament meeting and we see him sitting in the crowd!  He ended up staying for our gospel principles class and then going to the beginning of priesthood and even agreed to help split wood with the high priests group this weekend.. is that cool or what?  He is one of the many people who has said "I can't go to church the roof will fall through'  You have no idea how many times people say that and how many times we remind them of President Uchtdorfs talk- church is for sick people!  It is not for perfect people- if that was the case there would be absolutely no one there.  The gospel is their to heal and help anyone in any type of situation they might be in- and I know without a doubt that it can and will do just that.  
     I LOVE this gospel.  I know I say that probably every week and probably 50 times a day but I cannot say it enough.  It is perfect and makes so much sense and I am more and more grateful for it everyday.  If any of you are considering and unsure about serving a missionary.. do it! It is the best decision I have ever made.  I love all of you- have a wonderful week :)

Love,

Sister Paul xoxo

P.S.  Thank you SO much to the young women girls who sent me a package.  I just got it today and it was the best thing ever- all of my favorite things (especially the french fry socks) :)
     
1. Tali got baptized!!!


2. What Ely currently looks like sos



No comments:

Post a Comment