Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, December 14, 2015

Friends and family,

     Hellooo!  So we got transfer calls yesterday..  Sister Landgrave and I have said a lot of prayers for comfort and the ability to trust in the Lord and have faith that this is right and will be so good!  We got double transferred out of our area (ahhh) and I will be going to Reno to be an STL.  Hahaha im so nervous..  But it will be good!  It will be interesting being in a big city with normal places like Walmart and Target and stop lights lol.  I am also feeling blessed because it is a little bit warmer down there and my new area has the temple in it!! Grateful for that.  To say that I am sad to leave Ely though would be a large understatement.. I can't even begin to express how much love I have for this place and the people here, it's crazy!
     We had such a great day at church yesterday!!  There were so many less actives and investigators there and I felt so much joy in my heart for all of them.  Let me just paint a picture in all of your head.  We have this couple who are both my age, they both have been fostered all their life and have been through a LOT.  They have 2 kids who they just recently have gotten to have custody over, have had a lot of struggles in their relationship, and have been on drug court for over a year.  Both of them haven't been to church in a loonngg time and they all came yesterday, (gages and tattoos and all).  I was just sitting in the back looking and them all googly eyed because they looked like such a happy little family who I know will one day make it to the temple.  It was amaazzzingg.  
     Also I lovvee this christmas season, especially as a missionary!  We have these #saviorisborn pass along cards that we give to everyone and it is the best thing ever because its an excuse to talk to every person we see and I feel like everyones a little bit more cheery and willing to listen during this holiday season.  It will be interesting going into a new area for christmas, but theres a lot of missionaries there that I know and we get to all watch a g rated movie together! woot woot! Life is good.  I love this gospel and I love my Savior Jesus Christ.  I am so grateful for this season to remember Him and to share the wonderful spirit that He has to offer.  I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and I love you all!

Love,
Sister Paul

P.S. My new address:
6623 Stone Valley Dr
Reno, NV 89523
Send me your family Christmas cards!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment