Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, May 2, 2016

Hello :)

     This week was goooood.  We got transfer calls last night and Sister Muhlestein is coming back to continue to be my companion.. so now we will be able to see that we were companions for more than 7 days! haha this last transfer has been loco.  But I am happy to be staying here! 
     This week I have been thinking a lot about Jesus Christ and what He has done and what He can do for us.  We were teaching a girl yesterday who is still trying to figure out who He is and what He can do- we watched Finding Faith in Christ which I have never seen before and it was so good!! It showed his life and the miracles and atonement that He performed.  We have been sharing the story of Alma the Younger for our dinner thoughts with this poem - "Ill find you my friend" (so good look it up), and I just llooovvee that story because he went from being so so bad to being one of the best missionaries ever.  We all have the ability to do so and to change and I am so grateful for that knowledge especially as I have been very humbled and realized how weak I really am. ALSO- so grateful for prayer.  In church yesterday we were talking about prayer and our teacher said that he would pray on his way to work every day and imagine that Heavenly Father was sitting next to him in the passenger seat and how it made such a difference in how he spoke and what he asked for.  He said it turned into less of him saying I want I want I want and more of him asking what do you want me to do?  I loovveedd that and I am wanting to work on my prayers a lot because too often when I am praying do I start thinking about food or who knows what.. Heavenly Father does not need to know about what I am going to be making for lunch! (although he would care- so kind)
     Anyways-  the Rush family are doing well.  I still love them with my whole heart and Phil is so excited to get baptized!! He said he would this weekend but he hasn't been able to make it to church because of his health.. Satan is the worst.  We are teaching this guy named Brian who is trying to figure out where he stands with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  He describes himself as "the kind of guy who will ask Heavenly Father for his ID when he sees him," oh boy.. hahah he is a hoot and the last lesson we taught was the Plan of Salvation and we somehow related it all to food because that is what he said motivates him.. haha it was way fun!!
     Happy mommys day this week!!! My mom is the best mom and I am so grateful for her wonderful example and light that she is in my life.  I am also very grateful for all the rest of the other moms who have had a powerful influence on my life :)  I got asked to speak in our ward this Sunday- I think this will be take 3 on speaking on mothers day! haha good stuff.  I love you all very very much and I hope you have a wonderful week :)  Let me know if theres anything I can do for any of you!!

Love,
Sister Paul

1.  Our team for jeopardy :) .. i don't know how to take selfies anymore clearly


2. Triiioooo


All of my companions for the last 6 weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment