Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, April 25, 2016

Dear Friends and family-  

     Hello.  :)  First of all- it is snowing right now.. smh Reno.  So this last transfer has been nutso when it comes to companions.  Haha I started out with Sister Muhlestein, then was in a trio with Sister Landgrave as well, then back to just Sister Muhlestein and I am now on a permanent exchange for the rest of the transfer with Sister Balbuena!  She is the coolest and it is so fun because she just got her Visa and came from the Phillipines- she was serving in the Naga mission with Jaren Hofeling and he was her first district leader her AP when she left.  Smalllll world.  She is teaching me some tagolog and this week we are going to buy some stuff so she can make filipino food- t'will be good.  
     Okay so we have this investigator family that I love so much... Ive always kinda struggled with showing love and I have been praying a lot about how I can be better at that haha and while I was in the shower and I was thinking about this family I was overcome with such a strong spirit and love for them- I felt like I truly knew what pure and true love was at that moment and I almost hyperventilated when I thought about potentially leaving this area after this transfer.. so that was kind of a weird story but oh my goodness let me just tell you about this family.  It is a mom and a dad and 2 daughters- age 11 and 12.  Phil (the dad) has long gray hair and wears it in a bun.. it is the best ever and then Mary (the mom) was born in Chile but lived in Australia for a lot of her life so she has a think australian accent and it is the best and then Sydney and Samantha are the daughters and they are so smart and cute and hippie and I just adore them.  We have been stopping by to see Phil the dad ever since I got here and he just recently became open to having us come by and teaching after he recieved a priesthood blessing.  Since then we have been meeting with him 3-4 times a week.  Sydney came to young womens this last week and loves it!  We had a mega miracle on Saturday because they were supposed to have dinner with a guy in our ward and us but an hour before he called to tell us he got called in to the hospital to work- so we were like ah man trying to think and pray about what we should do and so we called this family to see if theyd be willing to have us all come by for dinner and a lesson and they were totally okay with it and it ended up being the perfect fellowship and such a wonderful night.  Also it was cool because one of the days we went over for a lesson Phil had forgotten to tell Mary and she was super stressed and you could tell there was tension in the home.  So her and the girls were eating at the table and we were talking to Phil and talking about our purpose here and then we felt like we should read the proclamation- so we started reading it and it was sooo cool because the spirit took over.  Mary and the girls got silent and by the time we had finished reading it the whole family was on the couch together and they said they loved it so much!  Ahh okay so yes I think about them 24/7 and it may be slightly obsessive but I am sooo excited for them. If all goes well they will be getting baptized on May 28th!
     Anyways- one thing I have learned this week is that I love my mom.  Also that I am thankful for Joseph Smith because I can be sealed to my family forever and can have 100% surety that I will be with them even after my time on earth.  I am also grateful for Joseph Smith because he was inspired to translate the Book of Mormon and that has been my rock especially when things are tough- the peace and contentment that comes from engulfing ourselves in that book is undeniable.  I love being a missionary and I am so grateful to be able to share this sweet gospel.  Let me know if theres anything I can do for any of you and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Paul

1. Trio- im getting wacko tans as you can tell by my face.  But that is the beautiful Reno behind us :)


2.  Sister Balbuena!! she is the coolest :)


No comments:

Post a Comment