Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, May 30, 2016

Dear friends and family-

Hello. :)  Life is super good.  Phil and his family are progressing really well- we had a lesson with all of them on the Plan of Salvation and that family has so much knowledge and brought up so many deep things that I had noooo idea how to respond to, we have been talking to a lot of people like that lately and it has been very humbling to me to realize how little knowledge I actually have... haha. Given the fact that Sister M and I didn't know how to respond to much, the lesson finished off with us bearing our testimonies of what we do know to be true and there was a strong spirit (Sister M cried) and afterwards the Rush family told us that we've changed their lives for the better and it was just a really cool moment.  So Phil will either be getting baptized on the 11th or 18th, depending on Word of Wisdom!  We started teaching this guy Chris who is also super knowledgable and deep and  is just now trying to find out who Jesus Christ is and what he can do for us- we met with him on Saturday and then he came to church on Sunday and asked a ton of questions and really liked it!  Also kinda funny because we met him when he was fixing his car and he said "are you guys mormon? i just saw the book of mormon play!" ... But he likes everything that he's learned about so far so we are grateful that he saw the play because not sure if he wouldve talked to us otherwise!

So this last week I have been thinking and studying and praying a lot about humility and patience... 2 things I need to work on a lot. ha. I have been studying about the sons of mosiah and how they had to practice a lot of patience in their lives and missions and I have learned a lot!  

And now, these are the words of Ammon to his brethren, which say thus: My brothers and my brethren, behold I say unto you, how great reason have we to rejoice; for could we have supposed when we started from the land of Zarahemla that God would have granted unto us such great blessings?    

I lovveeddd this because Ammon and his brothers were like the best missionaries ever, and were the reason that so many people came to the gospel and to knowing Jesus Christ, but when they first started they had nooo idea what a powerful impact they would have and how many lives they would change.  Yet, they went forth through the trials and had patience in their afflictions and the result is legendary.  I was thinking about this and how often as human beings we question whether were really making a difference or whether what we're doing is really worth the time or how often we get caught up in how hard life is in that moment and then we feel sorry for ourselves and waste time doing that instead of actually going out and working and trying to make a difference (wowza that was a ramble sorry).  The point is...

40 And now my beloved brethren, I would exhort you to have patience, and that ye bear with all manner of afflictions; that ye do not revile against those who do cast you out because of your exceeding poverty, lest ye become sinners like unto them;
41 But that ye have patience, and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions

One day we will get to rest, but that is not now.  Now is the time that we have to learn and progress and go through a lot of hard things because those are exactly what are going to shape us into what Heavenly Father knows each of us has the potential to be.  The scriptures rock.  Also I have been obsessed over family history lately and we don't have the time to do it as a missionary but if any of you have any cool family history stories you should send them to me! Ok I love you all :) Please let me know if theres anything I can do for you and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Paul


No comments:

Post a Comment