Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloweeeeen!  :) 

We ate pumpkin pancakes today and last night I put on some bunny ears mom sent with a princess crown so you could say things are pretty crazy this halloween here in Elko.. ha life is good. :)
Can I just say that serving in YSA is a hoot- especially with all of these new recent converts, church is always VERY entertaining.  Yesterday our gospel principles lesson was on Agency and almost every recent convert made a comment about they've had to choose to not go to bad parties or to decline weed or other drugs since they have been baptized- so cool to hear about them sticking true to their covenants!  Gennifer, who was just baptized on the 8th of October, helped teach the class and she was sharing about how when she was making the decision to be baptized so many people kept asking her "well what about all the rules you have to follow?", she shared how she now understands that they are just guidelines for happiness and we have 2 options: eternal life or not.  She's a superstar.
Quote of the week by Tevin: "I went to work yesterday where we passed out lunch to all the people in jail- they're so lucky there wearing tennis shoes.  When I was in jail I had to wear crocs!"
One of our recent converts Geoffery came up to us at church and told us hes been trying out reading the Book of Mormon and praying in the morning AND at night- he said ever since he's been doing it his days have been so much better!! He's the coolest.  For correlation yesterday we were talking to our branch mission leader and he pulled up a picture that Geoffery posted on facebook- it was a picture of us and the caption was something like #teachingwiththesisters #baptizethemall ... hahaha yikes. 
So ever since Clarissa was baptized she has had like almost every boy in the branch ask her for her number/ask her on a date.  Hahah she's a babe, it's so funny!  So we had a new member lesson this week and she was like "Sisters, I have something to tell you but you can't laugh" She continued on to tell us that every night shes been having dreams about her wedding and she doesn't know why!  We asked her where at and with who and she said the Provo City Center Temple (yay!!!) and she doesn't know who because she couldn't see his face... #ysaprobs (is hashtag still a thing?)
It is SO cool to see all these people taking 180 turns in their lives as they have accepted and made the gospel their focus.  It has been such a testimony to me that the power of repentance is very real and that our Savior Jesus Christ suffered for ALL of our sins- no matter how bad they may be.  I am very grateful to know that we can be changing and progressing everyday to become more like Him.  I am also very grateful for the sacrament, is has taken a much deeper meaning for me on my mission as it has become such a sacred time for me to evaluate and recognize how I can improve, as well as how it has changed the life of new converts as they take it so seriously.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true.  It has been restored through a prophet of God and the Book of Mormon is the convincing evidence that can heal any wounded soul.  I love wearing Christ's name on my heart and I love NEVADA! I hope that you all have a wonderful week!  Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you :)

Love,
Sister Paul

Pictures 1-2: last nights halloween photo shoot.............




3. elko nevada defined in one picture


No comments:

Post a Comment