Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, October 24, 2016

Hello Family and Friends :) 

Life is goooood in Elko YSA.  My new companion Sister Light is the cutest- i love her and we are having a lot of fun.  We have been focusing a TON of finding lately and so we have basically become pro stalkers.  One of our specialties is seeing YSA age people walking down the street and so we quickly find a place we can turn and park our car and then we get out as fast as possible casually happen to cross paths at the perfect time to chat!  It's the best.  :)
We found a new investigator this week when we were walking down the street and it was waayy cool because he has totally been prepared to meet us at this time!  He moved from Reno here to get away from some bad situations and influences and decided to come to Elko to start fresh.. and we ran into him the day he got here!  Not a coincidence, my friends.  He is living with an LDS guy who he's been asking a lot of questions and this week we were able to teach him the restoration as well as a lesson on the Book of Mormon.  It was cool because at one point he was questioning why the Book of Mormon was necessary for him and then he paused and the spirit was working on him and he said "Actually- no, I figured it out.  I need to read and pray about it so I can find out how important it is."  So cool!!!  He committed to baptism and is set for November 26.
We do this scripture study with our recent converts every week and this week the topic we focused on was sacrifice.  We watched a video about John Tanner and then read in Alma 24 about the Anti Nephi Lehis who buried their weapons of war when they were converted.  I have been thinking a lot about this especially as my time here is getting short- I want to give my all to the Lord at this time and I do not want anything to hold me back.  So- towards the beginning of my mission I did this challenge to purify 40 day fast thing and I just started it again and am super excited to see what comes of it!  I remember starting my mission thinking that I wasn't really expecting to change too much and that I didn't want to be a completely different (awkward)  person when I got back aka princess of pride BUT I have come to realize that a lot of my desires have changed and I am soo grateful for it.  Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us to become more like Him and I am so grateful for mission that has humbled me and helped me change.  I lovvveee it!  Okay.  So I am coming home December 28th.   I accept that and know that but I do not really want to focus on it- so no need to bring it up :)
I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I love this work with all my heart.  I love all of you and I hope you have a wonderful week!  Let me know if there's anything I can do for you!!

xoxo Sister Paul

Alma 24: 19
Book of Mormon
19 And thus we see that, when these Lamanites were brought to believe and to know the truth, they were firm , and would suffer even unto death rather than commit sin; and thus we see that they buried their weapons of peace, or they buried the weapons of war, for peace.

1. lots of tears when hermana daniels left :( i love her



2. my cute new comp Sister Light :)








No comments:

Post a Comment