Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, October 17, 2016

Hello Family and Friends :)

Transfer calls were last night!  My current companion, Hermana Daniels, is getting transferred back home to Ogden.  She finished her time :(  But Sister Light is coming to be my companion!  I am super excited.  We are sisters in the mission- so my trainer trained her as well.  So it well be very great.
This week was crazy! Not sure if I mentioned this before- but we all the STLs convinced our mission president to let us have a sisters conference with a sleepover at the mission home beforehand.  Oh man- it was the best.  I attached a lot of pictures!  On the night we got there we all sat in a circle in the basement and I gave a training on Cleanliness, Modesty, Diet and Exercise all tied in with the principle of Obedience.  It was great.  We then went to bed on time and got up and I led an exercise and then we got ready and headed to the mission home for a bunch of awesome trainings by sisters in the mission.  It was a very spiritual experience and exactly what all of us needed so yes- our mission president rocks.  
Clarissa got baptized on Saturday!!  I LOVE HER.  She was so excited and bore the sweetest, most powerful testimony afterwards.  She is definitely the most converted person I have ever taught on my mission.  Amidst all the opposition from family and work and everything she has been faced with- she knows the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and she has not been shaken.  She received the Holy Ghost the next day and was just glowing.  She is so special.  Sunday was also the best because 2 of our recent converts- Gabe and Tevin, passed the sacrament for the first time.  They were so excited and treated it so reverently!!  I cried a li'l bit.  It was so cool to see them exercise the priesthood authority they had and to think of it as so sacred.  
I have been thinking a lot about happiness and gratitude lately.  Those 2 things most definitely go hand in hand.  I think that if we are struggling to be happy then either we need to repent of something, or we need to be more grateful.  I know that the purest joy comes from living the gospel of Jesus Christ to the fullest as we utilize the atonement and recognize the blessings it brings. We are so lucky.
 I love you all!!! Have a wonderful week. :)

Love,
Sister Paul

1. CLARISSA



2. pulled over on the side of the highway to talk to man


No comments:

Post a Comment