Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, March 21, 2016

Dear friends and family,
     We got transfer calls last night!  I am staying here another transfer with Sister Muhlestein- who is so cute and fun.  She was my STL when I was in Ely and now we get to be companions so I am very excited.  Sister Beh is going to Elko with my new companions old companion and shes going to be over the Ely sisters so she'll get to meet my peopleeee :)  Its gonna be good.
     It seems like theres always a ton of miracles in the last week of the transfer haha especially when someone is leaving the area!  Soo this week was wonderful.  We have had this potential investigator named Phil that we have been stopping by every once in a while since I''ve been here and he has a bit of physical challenges so we talked to him about a priesthood blessing and he said he would want us to arrange for him to get one!  So we got these 2 funny old guys in our ward to give him one and it was waayyy cool... It was interesting because in the blessing he mentioned how Phil would start taking the missionary lessons and get baptized and I was really unsure how Phil would react to that since we hadnt actually ever had a lesson with him.  But when we opened our eyes he was so happy and grateful and said he could feel the spirit very strongly.  He then agreed to have us over to start teaching the lessons.  When we came back he seemed like a different person- he told us that the physical pain hasnt gone away but his spirits have been lifted- the whole family commented on the difference they had seen as well. So much power in the priesthood :)  So anyways we started teaching them the lessons and the whole family was so responsive!!  Phil, his wife Mary and 2 daughters- Sydney (13) and Samantha (11) are all set and excited to be baptized on May 7th!  It was way cool too because we had planned to set them with a different date, but the whole time we were teaching MAy 7th kept coming into my head.. So I decided to follow the spirit and invite them for that date and Phil was very excited because his birthday is on May 8 which would be the day they would be confirmed and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost! Best birthday gift in the world i'd say :)
     We also started teaching this cute girl- shes 17 and has a 5 month old baby but is SUCH a sweetheart and has been working on turning her life around.  Its the best because the power of the atonement can do exactly that!  At church yesterday all the talks and lessons were on the Atonement and it was amazing..  I feel like I have been able to grasp a little bit more of what the atonement means while being on a mission but I feel like I never will truly understand the expanse of it.  What I do know though, is that every single person, no matter what decision they have made or how far they have strayed from the straight and narrow path has the opportunity to change and become new, and that is only through our Savior Jesus Christ.  There is hope in any situation and I am so grateful for that knowledge, without it I know for a fact that I would not have gone on a mission because of feelings of unworthiness, I know that I would not have gotten to the point where I am on my mission without knowing that the Savior has felt every pain and burden I have felt and that he was there to lift them,  I know that I would not be able to find peace in knowing that I WILL see all of my family members who have passed on, as we will all be resurrected reunited in our families :)  Therefore- this gospel is wonderful and I am SO grateful for my Savior. :)
      I love you all and hope you have a wonderful Easter this Sunday!! #hallelujah
Love,
Sister Paul
P.S.  40 day fast ends this Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment