Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, January 4, 2016

Friends and family-
     Oh my goodness- this week was the best.  Let me just tell you about one of the most powerful experiences that I have had on my mission so far.  So a couple days ago we were out walking to visit someone and there was this guy getting his groceries out of his car and starting to walk to his house.  Sister Beh is awesome and she pretty much ran and chased him down to offer to carry in his groceries and he said no but stopped to talk to us for a second.  He told us he didnt believe in God, but after bearing our testimony a little bit he ended up letting us help him with groceries and come into his home (we had another sister with us so we were being obedient no worries).  Long story short- he ended up opening up to us and saying that hes never really believed in God but the day before he had actually prayed for the first time because he was feeling so lost and confused, he had prayed for Heavenly Father to let him know he was there and we just happened to chase him down that day.  DOES THAT ROCK OR WHAT?  The spirit was so strong and I really had to try hard to keep my emotions in check because it was the best thing ever- AND THEN he came to church yesterday!!!  Literally all of the talks were about prayer and missionary work and applied so specifically to him, afterwards he told us that he was even thinking about getting up there and sharing his experience but then he chickened out.  The moral of the story is that Heavenly Father is SO aware of each and every one of us and He is more than willing to help us out if we just ask.  I am so grateful for prayer.  Heavenly Father is the supreme creator, yet he he commands each and every one of us unworthy humans to pray to him and talk to Him. Ahhh, I love this gospel.  It is the best blessing or gift anyone could ever recieve and I love being a missionary.  I hope that you all had a wonderful New Years and remember to pray always!
Love,
Sister Paul
P.S.  The ladies house that i'm emailing at just came in and gave me a bag of oranges from Mesa :') also our zone is having a nerf battle today.... im so excited
P.S.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JO JO IN TWO DAYS I LOVE YOU!!!


Christmas eve lolol we performed the nativity scene


No comments:

Post a Comment