Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, December 28, 2015

Friends and family;

     Hellloooo, I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas :) Our day rocked and I was feeling so so blessed.  We got to go have crepes with a recent convert family in the morning and then skyped our families (s/o to my family that was the best thing ever i love you), I was able to stay pretty pulled together until I realized it was time to say bye hahah but afterwards it kinda just felt like it was a dream, so crazy!  Also it was such a solid day because some members in our ward invited us over because their nonmember friend was there and so we got to go teach him a lesson and it was so good!  So for our Christmas message that we shared with everyone we saw we read the story about the woman who washed the Saviors feet with her hair and tears (Luke 7).  Imagine if you were in her situation, she was a sinner who was getting mocked by a pharisee, yet she was so humble and gave what she had to the Lord.  We definitely went into more detail than that but our invite to everyone and my invite to all of you (such a missionary lol no shame) is to focus on one gift that you can give to the Savior this year, whether that is giving up something, working on something a little better or just giving more of your will to Him.  One thing I am wanting to give up is pride- its something that I know I struggle with and I really am wanting to try and work on that and focus on doing the Lord's will, not my own.  So hold me to it! haha
     So yesterday was honestly the best church experience I think I have ever had- I was able to feel the spirit so strong and it was AMAZING.  Its funny because so many people we meet talk about how they don't need to go to a church to worship God, and I have really been thinking about that a lot lately and why we do go to church.  Not only do we get to partake of the sacrament and start fresh, but it is a time to be united with many others who have the same righteous desires and are striving to  progress towards eternal life.  Its also such a wonderful opportunity to learn and grow from others testimonies and experiences.  Aka my experience yesterday- this lady gave a talk and told a story about a lady who thought she had an amazing faithful husband and then later found out after he got arrested that he had been abusing her daughters.  Because of the gospel in her life though,  she did not blame the Lord nor did she allow herself to get bitter.  She relied on the spirit to direct her as she addressed the situation and helped her children and she was later blessed with a wonderful husband and happy family.  After listening to that it really helped me to truly under why I am here on a mission.  It is because our Savior Jesus Christ and this gospel is the source of peace and being okay in the midst of all the pain and the sorrow that comes from the world.  I am SO grateful for that and forever will be for this gospel and my Savior.  I love him!  
     Thank you so much for all the love I have received, especially this Christmas. You are all the best and I hope you have a wonderful week!  Let me know if there's anything I can do for any of you :)

Love,
Sister Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment