Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, August 10, 2015

Friends and family;

     T'was a solid week.  We had 9 investigators come to church yesterday!!! It was probably one of the top 10 best feelings of life watching all of them come and get to experience the joy and spirit that comes from going to church.  Let me tell ya, there is no better happiness then that which comes from watching people keep the commitments that they make.  It's amazing to see how much you can notice a difference in the people who truly do have that desire to follow Jesus Christ and who make the changes in their lives to do so.  The church is true people, and the gospel really is the key to happiness.
     I'm super excited because we have our zone activity today and Sister Wilkins and I planned it- we're going to the Bennett's (our recent convert) and making a fire for S'mores (with peanut butter) and playing campfire games and also having a talent show! hahah.  If you're confused at what talent I have to perform it is okay because I still need to figure that out as well but I will let you know next week.  If you're wondering though, I have acquired some talents while being out here on a mission- including how to mow a lawn, how to not apply heat to my hair ever and how to make my bed every morning! Haha but really, it's been amazing to experience Heavenly Father's help in making weak things strong.  When I first came out here I was kinda scared to death to teach a lesson or talk to anyone, but Heavenly Father has helped me so much and now teaching a lesson is like nothing!  I still am trying to get over my fear of talking to everyone and bringing up the gospel, but its gets more and more comfortable everyday!  
     I'm so grateful to be out here and to be a missionary, so many people are in need of the sweet blessings of the gospel and it is an honor to be able to be a part of helping to bring that to people.  Definitely not the easiest thing I've ever done- but I am so grateful for all the love and support I get from all of you as well as from my Heavenly Father.  Let me know if there's anything I can do for any of you! Have a wonderful week!

Love,

Sister Paul



No comments:

Post a Comment