Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, July 27, 2015

Friends and family hellooo :)

     So Sister Wilkins and I were just driving down the road last Tuesday, and her nose started uncontrollably bleeding.  We pulled over and she leaned out of the car and let it all come out and I swear it was like 2 full cups of blood!! So I was freaking out but she was like totally calm and saying that it happens all the time..  Anyways, I started joking about how it's a good thing neither of us react badly to blood and then next thing I know I wake up on the street with my shoes off?? I was so confused and immediately asked Sister Wilkins if she was okay and if her nose was still bleeding and she was like uhhh are YOU okay? You just fainted! hahaha so yes that was interesting and we think I got a slight concussion because I went from standing straight to the concrete but we were able to get back to the work just a little over an hour later and ended up having a very rewarding week!'
     We have a baptism this Friday!! It's for a couple who are in their 60's and they love hunting and are SO cute! They ended up moving their baptism to an earlier date, and they are so prepared and ready it's amazing.  We were able to watch the restoration movie with them last night and it was wonderful.  That and reading "Our Heritage" has really built my testimony of Joseph Smith so much, there's no way that all those people would have done so many bad things to him and the Latter Day Saints then if they didn't feel threatened by the truth of the Book of Mormon and the rest of the teachings. I really appreciate all that was done so that we would have the gospel here on earth today, and learning about them helps me to be reminded that I can do this and it will be so worth it.
     We were meeting with another cute old man who has recently became active again in the church, he was able to receive his patriarchal blessing this week and it was so cool to talk to him about it.  At one point, he was talking about how he was surprised that in it it didn't mention anything about how the Lord was dissappointed in him for falling away for so long, or how it didn't mention any negative things about his life.  Sister Wilkins reminded him that the Savior is forgiving and always positive and hopeful for us, never degrading- I loved that so much because its so true! The Savior doesn't focus on what we've done wrong, but what we do good and how we can improve.  This is why it's so important for all of us to do the same when we find ourselves thinking badly of others or of ourselves.  Look for the good in everyone, we are all His sons and daughters!  I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week.  Let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

Love,

Sister Paul xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment