Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, July 20, 2015

Friends and family-

     I finally feel like a missionary now, which is very good.  I was unsure if I would ever get used to putting a tag on every morning and waking up at 6 am to spend the day teaching lessons and talking to random people- but now it just feels like normal life and I am very grateful for that.
     I have met some very interesting people here in Ely, but they are all wonderful.  Its a good thing I got over my fear of dogs a while ago because I get one handed to me probably twice a day at least.  The other day we were teaching a little girl about family history, but she was paying more attention to her dog than us.  For some reason my brain told me to ask her if shes ever wondered where her dog came from and then she asked if you could do family history for your dog and then I realized that probably wasnt the best question to ask- I still have a lot to work on when it comes to teaching skills.  I've also gotten two lizards placed in my hand and on my shoulders so yeah.
     Sister Wilkins is still great.  A wise man once told me to make sure to remember to have fun while i'm out here (thank you Jon Arnett for that piece of advice), Sister Wilkins and I always make sure to do that.  We make it a competition to see how many people wave to us in a day, sometimes we volunteer each other to sing a solo or do dishes mid-lesson, and the other day she parked right next to a sprinkler on purpose so that there was no way I could get out of the car without getting sopping wet.. so that was cool.  Cut don't worry- we are always striving to be exactly obedient and making sure never to waste the Lord's time.  
     Yesterday was so solid.  We decided to do a car fast and walk everywhere, but of course it turned out to be the one day it rains all day.  We were so tempted to get our car and people kept offering us rides but we wouldn't give in because we were determined to see miracles, and we did!!  We received 2 member referrals (members rock our world), a new investigator, and a lady who hasn't came to church for like 30 years came! AND her nonmember husband invited us to come over and make homemade enchiladas this week.. so yes the church is very true.  
     One thing I've really been trying to work on is trying to see everyone as the Lord see's them, even when they may look different or kind of scary, because they are all children of God and deserve to have the opportunity to accept and reject the gospel.  I encourage you all to do the same and I hope that you have an amazing week!  Let me know if there's anything I can do for any of you xoxox

Love,


Sister Paul


No comments:

Post a Comment