Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, November 28, 2016

Hello family and friends. :)

I hope that you all had a wonderful thanksgiving!!  We did a brunch with a bunch of missionaries, played volleyball and then decided to be smart with our stomach and only go to one thanksgiving dinner.  It was with our branch president and his HUGE family so it was a ton of fun.  I have gained a love for basketball since we've been playing it a lot here.  Still pretty bad at it and id probably rather be dancing but I love it a lot and I won 2nd place playing arcade basketball with the family we ate with for thanksgiving.  woot woot, moving up in the world of sports!

I love Elko. :)

Our recent converts are doing so good- better even!!   I'm so grateful for the eternal perspective that we have as members of the church- its cool to see that as we bring up future families to these YSA members, their sense of urgency for keeping the commandments and doing what they're supposed to increases.  I'm so excited for them to get married in the temple and have cute little eternal families :)
It is snowing here.......................  I've been privileged to be the designated driver both winters on my mission when it has started to snow.  Pray for me :')

Sheldon- one of our newer investigators is doing so awesome!!  He got a job this last week and so he's been super busy, but he has noticed a difference in his life when he hasn't made time for things like reading the Book of Mormon.  We had an AWESOME lesson yesterday and I have to just tell you about the following up that occurred.  I am just going to type out how the conversation went and then you can picture it in your head and be happy.

Sisters: "Sheldon, what is your belief on if Joseph Smith is a prophet of God?"
Sheldon: "Well if he was a prophet, then God is still leading the same church today that was here when Christ was on the earth."
Sisters:  "Do you believe he was a prophet?"
Sheldon: "Yes."
Sisters: "Then what does that mean about the Book of Mormon?"
Sheldon: "That it is the word of God."

CRISP- yes.  The spirit was so strong and our member presents (recently returned missionaries) got super excited and we did a little dance or two after the lesson.  IM SO GRATEFUL FOR THE SPIRIT AND THE WITNESS IT BRINGS OF THE TRUTHFULNESS OF THESE THINGS.

I hope all of you have heard about the new Christmas initiative for this year- if not, go to lds.org right now and watch the video.  We are so excited to invite everyone to participate in the 25 days of service and to #lighttheworld with Jesus Christ this holiday season.  He lives. :)

I hope you have a wonderful week, let me know if theres anything I can do for any of you!!

Sister Paul xoxo

P.S.  Send me your address if you would like to receive Sister Light and I's christmas card. Haha!  Also send me your christmas cards pleeaassee. :)

3356 Bell Ave
Elko, NV 89801

1. Weekly Sunday Picture..... featuring a sticky note on my dress


2. Coming Soon to Elko- rolled ice cream :))


3. Our phone freezes often and it's awesome


4. My companion really loves to take pictures always



No comments:

Post a Comment