Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, November 21, 2016

Hello family and friends. :)

     Happy thanksgiving this week!!  I am so thankful to have been born into a family that was active in Christ's gospel.  I am thankful to have had the experiences that I have that have brought me to know that the the Book of Mormon is true, that we are being led by a prophet today and that Jesus Christ's church has been restored to the earth today.  I am thankful for the opportunity to wear Christ's name on my chest at this time and I love Him very much.
     This week was way fun.  Our mission president and his wife were here last Monday so we convinced President Chesnut to take a p-day and the picked us up to go on a hike!!  Nevada and my mission president and his wife and hiking are my favorite things so it was the best ever.  Also super grateful for that because later on in the week it started snowing..... sos.  It's okay though-  I am adjusting and really learning to layer and have been praying a lot for understanding on the cold weather. :)  life is good.
     Quote of the week by Tevin to a member of the branch:  "I just want to compliment you on your outfit- you have the comb over of a cowboy, the tie of a jamba juice worker and the hiking boots of a single mom,".
     Funny story... we crashed a date this week.  We cover a lot of little places with a lof of dirt roads and unseen addresses, so we had planned this week to go with one of the branch members around Ryndon to visit all the YSA aged people that lived there.  He's a guy so we needed another girl to come and as we started driving around we found out that this guy and the girl that came were actually on their first date and coming around with the missionaries was the first part of it! Never thought that would happen on a mission, but hey!  We got to meet some cool new people and had an awesome lesson with them and a recent convert we haven't seen in a while. :) #ysaprobs
     We had zone conference this week and we talked a lot about the sacrament.  This is something I have been thinking about a ton lately and that we have really been trying to help our recent converts understand.  I'm so grateful for that time that we have to really remember our Savior Jesus Christ as we partake of the bread and water and renew the covenants that we made at baptism.  I have been trying to apply the counsel given at general conference by preparing for the sacrament, paying attention to the words in the hymns, and focusing on the words of the prayers.  It really does make a difference in the experience.  Isn't it amazing that given all Savior went through when He suffered in the garden of gethsemane and died in calvary, He doesn't ask us to do the same?  He simply asks us to live worthily to partake of the sacrament and to remember Him each week as we do so.  I invite all of you to evaluate your sacrament experience this last week and ponder how you can better it for the next.
     I hope that you all have a wonderful thanksgiving this week!! We have been invited to 4 dinners, so...... yikes.  It will be great!! I love you all and hope you are doing well.  Let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

Love,
Sister Paul xoxo

1. how i feel about the snow


2. high school reunion with elder miner and elder judd



3. weekly sunday pic with our cute room


No comments:

Post a Comment