Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, September 26, 2016

Hello.  Life is very, very good. :)
Gabriel got baptized last week!!  He is soooooooo awesome, hahaha.  He was so excited to be baptized, he could not stop talking about it.  So many people came to support him for his baptism and the spirit was very strong.  As he was walking to the font he put up 2 peace signs and said "Let's do thiiiisss" ..... he is 18, we are still working on teaching him reverence. :)
We went on 2 exchanges this week so it was a little crazy, but one of them was a biking area and we got to bike in the rain and it was sooo fun!  Sadly, I have ridden my bike for the first time my whole mission these last couple of weeks, but I don't know why I haven't been doing it this whole time because I love it! (excuse my sentence fluency)
Last week I got to go on exchanges to my first area that I served in, Ely!!  It was the best, ever.  I got to go see some people that were baptized there and are still progressing so well.  It was such a tender mercy. 
So... the lady we live with has chickens and usually grandma feeds them but she had to do something in the morning and so she left a note for us to feed them...  It was the day we were on exchanges and so I had Sister Moses with me and I think she thinks I am nuts at this point.  I have pretty much gotten over my fear of animals but for some reason I just cannot get over my fear of chickens.  So I go to get the chicken food to bring it into the pen and I had to like put half my body into the little chicken house thing to hook the food container and the chickens kept following me and really wanted the food and I dropped it like 4 times and long story short my companion for the day ended up having to come do it so that was my scare for the week.
Ok...  Coolest thing ever.  A couple weeks ago we noticed that a girl from the branch had brought a friend to church and so we went and introduced ourselves and said what we do and asked her if she'd be interested in learning more.  She said yes and we talked to the friend before the lesson and she had no idea what to expect, but it ended up being the best lesson!  We taught the restoration and the spirit was very strong, we committed her to read Moroni 10 and were anxious to meet with her again.  The next time we met with her, we followed up with her Book of Mormon reading and her response was amazing!  She said that she's felt the spirit before, but as she was reading the Book of Mormon, she got this overwhelming feeling unlike anything she's every felt before.  She explained it like, "it felt like I had a cup, and it was full, and then it was like overflowing everywhere!!" She said she was holding the book in her hand and thinking, where has this been my whole life? why do we need anything else?  So cool because the first lesson one of her first questions was why we needed the Book of Mormon.  She anxiously accepted to be baptized on October 15 and is so so excited to do so!!  She has gone through a lot that has enabled her to be humble and have a true desire to know what is true and what the Lord wants for her.  This was just one of many testimonies to me that the Book of Mormon is true and it has the power to heal hearts and answer questions.  Ahh, I love this work!  
I hope you all have a wonderful week and enjoy watching General Conference this week.  Tell me about your fav talks!!
Love,

Sister Paul






No comments:

Post a Comment