Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, September 12, 2016

Hello from Elko, Nevada :)
I was so so super sad to leave Carson last week, but oh man.  I love this place!  My companion, Hermana Daniels is wonderful.  We have been working hard and also eating better/exercising more so I am feeling very grateful for that.  Also very grateful for how hard previous sisters have worked here because there are miracles out the wazoo!
I lovveeeee YSA.  I think Heavenly Father is awesome and qualified me to be able to talk to people my own age without being awkward so I am very happy about that and have loved every second here!  Let me tell you about a few investigators-
Geoffery got baptized on Saturday, he is a ballroom dancer and is the coolest.  He was so excited to be baptized and the night before his baptism we got a text from him with his testimony written out which he then shared at his baptism the next day.  He was so nervous but did so good!  So cute.
Gabriel is getting baptized this Saturday-  He is 18 and is like a little kid.  Hahah so fun and goofy but he is so prepared!  He has been super involved and is always correcting nonmembers and members around him if they are not living the gospel to its fullest- its awesome.
Tevin... hahah oh man.  He has an afro and wears a pick and it has been so cool to see him progress.  As he has started reading the Book of Mormon and getting involved he has mellowed out a lot and hungers for the spirit.  He is preparing to be baptized at the end of this month! 
Gennifer is the cutest in the world.  Her boyfriend is a member and she is soooo prepared.  She loves learning about the gospel and she has had so many experiences with the spirit reassuring her that what she is doing is right.  She is preparing to be baptized on the 23rd.
All of our investigators are best friends and they are also best friends with some of the members as well.  Earlier this week we had planned a lesson with Gabe and 2 other investigators showed up and it was so fun to do a scripture study with all of them!!  They are all helping each other out and are finding so much joy in the gospel. 
Last all of our lessons in church were about marriage..... the only part that wasn't was sacrament and thats because my companion and I spoke.  I have a feeling that might be a reoccurring topic in this branch so that will be interesting!  I love this work and I love my Savior Jesus Christ.  I'm grateful for the healing power of the atonement as I have seen the power of it a lot this week.  We are so blessed to have this gospel!! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week :)
Love,
Sister Paul
P.S. My new address is 3356 Bell Ave, Elko, NV 89801





No comments:

Post a Comment