Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, August 22, 2016

Hola mi familia y amigos :) 

That might be wrong.. who knows.  There are so many hispanic people here so we get to practice our limited spanish a lot, it is always interesting but we have found the spanish elders a couple new investigators from it! Ok so this was the coolest week ever.  We saw sooo many miracles!  So I am just going to tell you some stories.
On Monday, we were walking down a street and we saw a man who was baptized about a year ago and has gone less active riding his bike across the street, when he saw us he immediately came over to talk.  He told us he has been going through a super tough time and just barely had broken his sobriety for the last 8 months and drunken (no clue what the right word is here) 2 beers. WE talked to him a little bit and testified of the atonement.  We asked if we could say a prayer for him and afterwards when we looked up he was sitting there bawling like a little baby as he said "Sisters, I know Heavenly Father knows and loves me because he placed you in my path when I needed it most."  Might I add that hes a big tough guy with a lot of tattoos, so this was probably one of the most tender moments on my mission.
We have been going through our ward list lately and we knocked on this door the other day.. This shirtless man with tattoos all over answered and I saw "God" on one of his tattoos and so we started talking about that... little did I know, after talking for a second and focusing that tattoo said "God hates us all".  This man was a member but with many experiences has turned away from the church and God completely.  We talked a bit and noticed that his little son was sitting in the front room and so I asked if he believed in God.  He called him out and we talked for a little bit to him (we could just feel the dads heart softening), he told us he believed in God and why.  After a little bit longer the wife came up and we asked her, she said that she was not allowed to bring up religion in her home growing up so she didnt really know.  Her and her son took a pamphlet and said they would read it together to see what they think.  They agreed to have us back over and even invited us over for dinner this Sunday!  As we were getting ready to go, the husband asked if he could have a pamphlet!!!  He said that we shouldnt expect anything out of it but that he would take a look and think about it. SSooooosososo cool.  It is amazing how the spirit can soften hearts.  I love them. 
We do a scripture study every week and this last week we talked about faith.  An investigator made a comment that really stood out to me so I wanted to share- she talked about a man who has riden across a single string across the grand canyon on a motorcycle.  She said that he asked a man if he believed he could do it again after witnessing it once, the man agreed without hesitation.  The guy then said, "well, how bout you hop on the back then".  She related this to faith and how we can say we believe in God and in his power, but that means nothing if were not willing to act and take those leaps of faith.  My explanation may have not made sense.. but it was cool!  I want to be better at taking leaps of faith.  
The other morning I was eating oatmeal with grandpa and grandma walked in to join us, grandpa had made her a bowl and she asked him is he had put sugar in it already and he said "no, I thought you were already sweet enough" hahaha sly dog. 
I hope that all is going well with all of you.  You are wonderful and I hope that you have a great week!

Love,

Sister Paul xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment