Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, August 15, 2016

Hello. :)

First off- there are fires out the wazoo here.  Some mornings we cant even see the mountains because there is smoke everywhere and then yesterday there were 2 here in Carson!  There were airplanes dropping this red stuff on them and there gone now but the mountains are black.. its nutso.
Cool story-  we shared this movie about John Tanner with 2 of our investigators.  I didn't know who John Tanner was before my mission but he is awesome and gave up everything to serve the Lord.  One of my favorite quotes from the movie that basically sums it all up is by Neal A Maxwell- "Consecration is the only surrender which is also a victory."  I love it.   So we shared this with 2 different investigators and then asked them what are some sacrifices they can make to show their love for the Lord.  One of them- Stana said I think I need to stop drinking coffee and make it a priority to go to at least one hour of church.  The other- Billy, said that he needs to start putting th gospel first and be baptized.  You wont be able to tell through these words on the screen but both of those things are like a huuuggee deal for them!  It was way cool.  They committed themselves to do exactly what they need to do :)
One our investigators who is preparing to be baptized in a couple weeks told us that she already has plans to bring all of her grandchildren to church and she wants all her family and friends to experience the blessings and changes that she has seen. :') i love her.
My companion is so tiny she will eat one oreo for lunch.. ONE. that is all, no sides.  I don't understand.  I love her so much, though.  We had a luau for our relief society activity and she danced! She is waaayy good and it was a lot of fun!
Elder Todd Larkin and Kevin W Pearson from the seventy came and trained us at MLC.. oh my goodness.  It changed my life, to say the least.  They talked about giving our all and always striving to align our will with the Saviors.  Its crazy how easy it is to get distracted by the world and to have desires that mean nothing in the eternal perspective, but I am very grateful for the gospel to help us stay on track.  Give up everything that you think you want for what Heavenly Father wants for you, my friends, because it will always be better.  I hope you have a wonderful week!  Let me know if theres anything I can do for you :)

Love,

Sister Paul


No comments:

Post a Comment