Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Friends and family;

     So if you're wondering we did go hiking last week. The elders just started driving up this mountain and so I followed and I could not figure out how they were going so fast and not getting stuck in all the dips because we got stuck like 5 times.. Turns out there's a cool thing called four wheel drive that helps with those situations. Hahaha.  So now whenever we go jeep life off roading I am pro, I just need to figure out how to drive when it starts snowing because there are all kinds of steep hills.  So yes that will be interesting lol.
     This week my testimony was strengthened of the Plan of Salvation- it has always been one of my favorite aspects of the gospel, but I have gained such a strong appreciation of it after introducing it to investigators for the first time.  We taught it to one of our investigators a couple days ago- she's from New Zealand and is progressing so well, we hope to set a baptismal date with her today!  Anyways. when we taught her the Plan of Salvation she was in such awe, she kept saying how it made so much sense and she even got emotional when we talked about the Atonement.  
     We have another investigator that we've been working a lot with who I love with my whole heart.  She just came from an abusive relationship and has close to nothing, but her boyfriend is in jail and so she's taking this opportunity to turn her life around and start fresh.  It has been so amazing to see her transformation- she has been caught up in a lot of bad things and addictions and this last week we've been trying to help her through and we introduced repentance.  The next time we saw her she was like a completely different person!  She told us that the night before she had broken down to Heavenly Father and asked for forgiveness, and the next day she felt so much better- she got up and got ready and wasn't tempted to go straight to drugs.  She took the day to clean her house and focus on her little boy.  Simple things that have been so hard for her to do and that we take for granted I think. 
     The Plan of Salvation and the Atonement are so real.  They make perfect sense and are the key to us feeling pure joy here on earth, I am so grateful for the knowledge that I can be forgiven and progress forward everyday if I put the effort in and trust in the Lord.  I love this gospel and I love all of you!  Thanks for the support- let me know if there's anything I can do for any of you!!

Love,
Sister Paul

this is my cute friend from the MTC Sis Anderson and a pic from our hiking adventure




No comments:

Post a Comment