Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, October 5, 2015

Friends and family,

     General Conference was so gooooddd! I have like 5 billion things to talk about and so little time but I still love being a missionary!  I picked up my new companion fresh out of the MTC and she is wonderfull!  Her name is Sister Landgrave and she is from Colorado- I was pretty nervous to see who I would be training but she is so awesome.  She's here for the right reasons and she has such a strong desire to work, I've been learning so much from her it's like she's already been a missionary for a while!  
     All week we have been preparing for and talking to people about General Conference.  It was a miracle because one of our investigators who we haven't been able to meet with in a while contacted us and we were able to meet, we promised her that if she watched General Conference and went in with a question, that she would receive an answer from the words of feelings that she had while watching.  Last night we got a text from here that said: "Wow. Today was intense! Listened to five brief speeches in about an hour and that was enough.  Russell Nelson (if I remember his name right) seemed to be speaking directly to me.  See you Saturday, have a great week!"  Isn't that so cool??  The power of the prophet and his apostles is so strong, I wrote down like 10 questions and names and received answers to every single one of them. There's too much that I loved but I wanted to share a few things that stood out to me the most:
1.  The importance of keeping the sabbath day holy and delighting in it
2.  The Lord needs disciples of Christ now more than ever as we are constantly being attacked by the adversary.  We must always hold on to the iron rod and never allow ourselves to let go!
3.  Ponderizing a scripture each week.. do it!
4.  We must always be growing in the gospel, so it is so important for us to be asking our Heavenly Father what we need to change in order to progress- "What lack I yet?"
     I am so grateful for a modern day prophet and his teachings, I felt the spirit testify to me so strongly of his power and authority as he was speaking.  I hope that you all were able to watch and feel that for yourself- if not, please go back and read/watch each session!  Thank you for all that you do and let me know if there's anything I can do for any of you!  Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Paul xoxoxo

P.S. I finally got my zone to go hiking with me so even though its been raining we are going hiking in a little bit YAY and then after we are going to get ice cream cones and flu shots WOOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment