Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, September 7, 2015

Friends and family helloooo,

     So a couple weeks ago, Sister Wilkins and I started talking to this guy in his yard who said that because of certain things that have happened in his life, he did not have a belief in God.  WE talked for a while and stated our purpose and by the end of our conversation he told us that we may have planted a seed and given him motivation to seek after that belief because of how happy he could tell we were and I thought that was the coolest thing!  The gospel truly is the source of pure happiness as we strive to keep the commandments and share it with others (Mosiah 2:41, Alma 29:9-10).
     I've been reading Jesus the Christ and there was a quote on pleasure vs. happiness that I loved and wanted to share, 
"Happiness is true food, wholesome, nutritious and sweet; it builds up the body and generates energy for action, physical, mental and spiritual; pleasure is but a deceiving stimulant which, like spirituous drink, makes one think he is strong when in reality enfeebled; makes him fancy he is well when in fact stricken with deadly malady.
Happiness leaves no bad after-taste, it is followed by no depressing reaction; it calls for no repentance, brings no regret, entails no remorse; pleasure too often makes necessary repentance, contrition, and suffering; and, if indulged to the extreme, it brings degradation and destruction.  True happiness is lived over and over again in memory, always with a renewal of the original good; a moment of unholy pleasure may leave a barbed sting, which, like a thorn in the flesh, is an ever-present source of anguish."
     Isn't that sweet? ANYWAYS back to my story- I remembered this guy we had visited and so Sister Teichert and I stopped by his house on Saturday.  We had a nice conversation and he started asking us a lot of questions about the Plan of Salvation and this next Saturday we have a return appointment with him!  It was the best day ever and to top it off a lady in our ward and gave me princess crown earrings later that day.
     I can honestly say that I am happiest that I have ever been in my life and I owe it all to my Savior and to having this opportunity to share this sweet gospel with others.  I can promise you that it will help.  I love you all and I am so grateful for the support I have received.  I hope you have a wonderful week and please let me know if there's anything I can do for any of you!

Love,
Sister Paul xoxox


P.S. Heavenly Father wants me to be musical or something because Sister Teichert and I got asked to sing a duet in sacrament meeting on Sunday........... so yes that will be interesting i'll  keep you updated also im the only one in our zone who can "play" the piano so district meeting is always an adventure when it comes to music lolol



No comments:

Post a Comment