Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, June 29, 2015

Family and friends-

     HELLO. I am a sister missionary.  It's sweet.
     The MTC is amazing.  I've never felt the spirit so strongly and so consistently in my life and it's wonderful.  Like you know life's good when you're singing terribly in the shower and then all of a sudden multiple other sisters in the showers next to you join in.  It rocks.
     My companion is the best.  At first when we were still getting to know each other it was a little interesting, I would tell funny jokes and she wouldn't laugh.. or respond.... But it is okay, it's gotten a lot better and she laughs and at least pretends my jokes are funny.  There's 4 of us in my room- my companion, a Samoan sister and a sister from Texas.  We're best friends.  On the first day the boys in my district were all talking about how much they weighed and how much they could lift at the gym.. It's like I never even left any of the boys I hung out with at home hahah. My district has become my family, I would attach a picture but I don't actually have a camera.  I see Elder Hofeling, Elder Lewis and Elder Verdoni ALL THE TIME.  It's kinda weird but kinda awesome.
     There has been a mission president seminar going on for all the new mission presidents going out this next week (I met my mission president, him and his wife are the sweetest thing), so the prophet and almost all of the apostles have been here on campus!  Funny story.  The other day they made an announcement for all sister missionaries to meet in 19M immediately, so we were all getting super hyped and thinking that we were going to get to hear the prophet or one of the apostles speak.. Turns out that there were just bats in our residence hall and we would all have to move.  So that was cool.
     Mosiah 27: 27-28.  Matthew 4:10.  Read them.
     I have been very humbled sinvce I've been here, and I've come to realize that I don't know as much as I thought.  But one of the best things about this gospel is that that is okay.  One of my teachers said something about this that I wanted to share with you guys.  She said, "Whatever you do not know, that's okay.  Hold on to what you do know and continue to progress."  None of us are perfect and we're not supposed to be, but as we trust in the Lord and have faith we can grow and progress every single day.  I encourage you all to evaluate yourself and think about something you could work on gaining a stronger testimony of- whether that be knowing that Thomas S Monson is a true prophet, knowing the Book of Mormon is true, trusting that Heavenly can answer your prayers, or anything else you need to work on.  Ask for Heavenly Father's help, have faith in Him and yourself and keep on praying.  If there's one thing that I know for sure it's that Heavenly Father truly does love us.  I've prayed longer and more often in this last week than I ever have in my life, and it has been absolutely amazing to see how much my Heavenly Father knows me and does answer my prayers, and I know without a doubt that He can do that for each one of you as well.
     I love you guys- seriously.  Thank you for all of the support and love I've gotten recently and for helping me to get where I am right now.  I know this is exactly where I'm supposed to be and I am so excited to get to Reno.  The church is true- never forget it.  Sorry that this was kind of all over the place and I don't have the best grammar.. Hopefully I'll get better.  Please let me know if there's anything I can do for any of you.


Have an amazing week!!

Love,

Sister Paul


P.S. If anyone finds my white hair bow I always wore, please send it to me... I know that because of Heavenly Father I am never lost, but sometimes I feel pretty close without it. (kidding) (kinda) Also pooh bear... xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment