Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Kylie is called to serve in the Nevada Reno Mission

Monday, July 18, 2016

Hello!
     Life is good here in Carson City. :)  Cute old people keep giving me their clothes that they don't want and it is the best thing in the world.  I love these people here and already feel at home so that is a huge blessing!
     We are teaching this lady named Teena and she is the coolest ever.  So she has been coming to church off and on with her friend who is a recent convert and just 2 weeks ago she decided that she wanted to meet with us.  The first lesson she told us that 2 days before she realized she needed to get baptized and she has been running ever since!  During our lessons and at church she takes notes and she has had no problem with anything we have taught.  We were a little nervous to teacher her about Word of Wisdom because she smokes and drinks coffee, but she was totally on board and is willing to do everything she can to quit.  Yesterday she got a powerful priesthood blessing for strength and it was wonderful :)
     I have been thinking a lot about how as missionaries we are called to invite people to repent, basically- and how often I get nervous or am hesitant to do so.  The natural man in me who hates contention is always thinking oh what if they get angry or what if they dont want to do it and then i was thinking.. man, I need to pull it together because when people aren't living the principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ, they are forfeiting happiness and blessings that they could have!  So i was sitting this morning in personal study thinking about this and I said a little prayer for help and motivation to be better at calling people to repentance and then I opened my scriptures and this is what I opened to:

 18 Yea, and it bringeth to pass the condition of repentance,that whosoever repenteth the same is not hewn down andcast into the fire; but whosoever repenteth not is hewndown and cast into the fire; and there cometh upon themagain a spiritual death, yea, a second death, for they arecut off again as to things pertaining to righteousness.

...yikes. So basically, I have a lot to work on.  Haha but it really is a privelege to be able to invite people to learn how they can live more in harmony with Christ and how they can experience the wonderful blessings the gospel brings :)  I really have no idea whats happening in the world, but I feel like lately we have been hearing more and more about how crazy the world is getting.  Now, more than ever we have to stay true to what we know and to be bold in our testimonies and standards and never apologetic.  Anyways- there is my rant.  I invite all of you to repent :) haha!  Im so grateful for the atonement and the knowledge that because of our Savior we can repent, always, no matter what.  I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I love this work!  Have a wonderful week :)

Love,
Sister Paul






No comments:

Post a Comment